Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

External Editor and Cabbage losing sync

I’ve been using an external text editor now for the past year, and up until about a week or so ago, I’ve not had any issues. But in the past week or so, I’ve noticed that somehow the connection between the contents of the text file that I’m editing, and the version that Cabbage is reading somehow lose their connection, and Cabbage will revert to an older version of the file. Unfortunately, the editor that I am using (Atom) also does some sort of reversion to that same older file that Cabbage is reading, and I lose the changes that were just made.

I know the usual solution to this is to just reboot both Atom and Cabbage, and forge on, but this may be a problem others are having, so I just wanted to alert you of the issue.

I’ve got Cabbage 2.9.43, running on Mac OS 10.13.6. I’ve got Csound 6.18.