Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Favorite book on UI design?

UI design is not my passion or forte. I’d like to learn more about it. Do you have a favorite book that discusses the things I should be mindful of with a plug-in interface?

I’d like to hear about this too. All I know about UI design is I pretty suck at it. Becoming aware of this early was a valuable lesson for me :rofl: @nymano seems to have some experience with UI design?

I ended up getting “Don’t make me think” which was recommended by many web designers as a good starting point for UI design.

I’m at the point with my looper where it is definitely too complicated for a first-time user to make sense of. Looking forward to improving that.

Is there a thread where people share screenshots of their plugins?

I’m also curious and I don’t have much experience in UI design, I’m just a data scientist by training so very far from being a designer :smile:

But a friend helped me design my Transient Shaper (V2 out soon…) and he’s a designer so maybe that’s why you thought I had these skills.

Feel free to share it and I can send my feedback. I have a lot of experience using plugins, and I started using them when I was 14 years old so I definitely can recognize complex UX and see how to improve them.

There is a Design UX and UI topic on the Audio Programmer Discord. It full of interesting questions and advice.

2 Likes