Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Fontastic!

I’ve added a new typeface() identifier which can be used with the form widget to set a custom font for your instruments. This will set a global font that all instrument widgets will use.

I think I got most widgets, but let me know if you find any that don’t work. .ttf and .otf files are supported, but mileage may vary.

This should be available in Azure in a half an hour or so.

1 Like

Nice! So you place the fontfile inside the folder of your .csd?

Yeah, well you can place it anywhere, but beside the .csd file is probably the easiest. You can also place it in the C:/ProgramData/CabbageAudio/PluginName folder if you want to keep these things away from the dll.

2 Likes

This is great news, thanks Rory!

Is this expected to work with unicode symbols like play/pause symbols, emojis, etc? If so… I’ve got to find a new default font with some good symbols, such as common wave shapes, play/pause, mute/unmute etc.

I think this will add a lot of easily accessible depth/richness to labels and controls… can’t wait to try it out tonight when I “freshen up”. :smiley:

I think if the typeface support those symbols then you should be good to go.

Is it possible to set the font size on sliders, comboboxes etc? Or set a general font size? I downloaded a nice font but its too small to read on the controls.

Only the label, nslider and texteditor and widgets let you set custom font size. I could potentially add fontSize support for combobox and listbox and buttons maybe, but not to sliders. They are already way too complex. The best thing there is to simply use a label.

OK - Will try labels…

Custom fonts are not being populated in the optionbutton widget (see attached). Also, does the fontsize() identifier work and if so what are the values we can use to define it? I tried adding it to either the form or an individual widget but to no avail.

Thanks!

Fonts.csd (1.3 KB)

Thanks, I’ll sort that.

This only works for a select few widgets:
https://cabbageaudio.com/docs/all_identifiers/#fontSize

To include support for this across all widgets would be a bit of work. I can look into it, but it would take some time. Also, it will potentially have an affect on everything that is out there, so I would need to be quite careful in how I approach it.

I understand. With regards to the numberbox, I noticed that it’s a deprecated widget, so is it not recommended to be using it moving forward?

No, just use nslider, it’s basically a number box with a different name. I changed the name to make it more consistent with the other sliders.

Mm, OK but then does it mean that the fontSize would be only supported by labels or both nsliders & labels?

Both labels and nsliders. I’ll fix that when I get a chance.

1 Like

Yes, no problem. Thanks!

Hello! Quick question, is this still working? I can’t seem to make it change the font :confused:

Edit: Just found out that this happens only if I use images for knobs (sliders), how can I make it work?
The font on the right in image is the good one, but I want to use the left image for the knob
Screenshot 2022-05-07 185434
Edit2: Found a fix by removing the knob text and adding a label instead but I don’t think this is optimal.

This is the correct way to do it. Sorry for not replying quicker but I am currently in hospital after an accident. :pensive: I sawed up my left hand pretty bad.