Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

How do I make an Effect Plugin?

Hi yall, I’m pretty new to cabbage, and I’ve watched a couple tutorials on Rory Welsh’s yt channel to try and learn the basics, but all of these address making an instrument type plugin, so how would you approach coding an effect plugin? How would you do it to make daws recognize the plugin as an effect plugin, and how would you reference any signal that gets sent into the plugin? I’m kinda confused.

1 Like

I thought there was also a simple reverb effect video tutorial? Building effects is simpler than instruments in many ways. Have you looked through the effects examples?

1 Like

Sorry but I can’t find the video tutorial of the reverb either on the videos page of your webpage or your youtube channel… what I did find though is the “first effect” page of the docs section. Thanks for the help though!

Sorry, I also can’t find that video tutorial for effects, but let me know if you have any problems :+1:

Hello, I also would like to know how to do this.

Thanks

Did your look at the documentation, there is an example there, is you have any questions please feel free to ask here. If I have time next week I can prepare a simple video.

Thanks for getting back, I did, but I still don’t know how to pass audio through it, it doesn’t show this stage, or did I miss that?

BTW I really it Cabbage and enjoying it immensely

Thanks

If you have a microphone connected it should process the audio from it. You might need to check your audio settings. If your export the example as an audio effect you should be able to add it to an audio track in your DAW and process audio through it that way.