Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

I thought I read somewhere

I thought I read that there was support for hash tables in Csound? Now when I search for it, the results don’t even come close to what I think I remember. I think it is something new to the 6 release.

It does get mentioned here…

https://csound.com/docs/manual/PrefaceWhatsNew.html

On second thought, this is probably referring to the internals of Csound, right?

I believe so. What was your intended use case for one in Cabbage?

If it were more of an object oriented sort of thing, I was hoping for a way to name objects.

@mjmogo I should have mentioned this earlier, but Eduardo Moguillansky has a set of hashtable opcodes in his collection klib library. He also has a collection of nice path opcodes that would probably be quite useful in Cabbage. You can just drop them into the plugins folders to access them.

I need to figure out something better. As it stands right now, I really can’t use the gcc compiler for anything serious. I’ve got a couple of older iMac’s that I am thinking of turning into Linux systems, so it won’t be until then that I am able to use any of the plugin stuff, at least the ones I’ve tried so far won’t load into Csound.

1 Like

Living on an old mac is a nightmare. I’m about to put mine out to pasture too… so I can FEEL the pain.

The hardware is great, hence why I am going to put Linux on it… But at the same time, Rory says he is using the same version of the Mac OS that I am using, but he says he doesn’t have the same troubles I do. Not really sure what is going on, and this is just a hobby for me. Anyway, when I get the time, I’ll add this to the list of 1000’s of things I’ve already got…

I was using 10.13.6, but I made the huge leap to Majove :rofl: That’s as far as I’m willing to go with this mac. For what it’s worth, all I had to do was place the downloaded dylib into my /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64 folder. After then, when I run csound -z I see the new opcodes listed.

Except there are plugins that are installed with csound that don’t load! I get this every time I run Cabbage…

WARNING: could not open library '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libjsfx.dylib' (-1)
WARNING: could not open library '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libpathtools.dylib' (-1)
WARNING: could not open library '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libfluidOpcodes.dylib' (-1)
WARNING: could not open library '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libelse.dylib' (-1)
WARNING: could not open library '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libstdutil.dylib' (-1)
WARNING: could not open library '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libvirtual.dylib' (-1)
WARNING: could not open library '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/librtjack.dylib' (-1)
WARNING: could not open library '/Users/mjmogo/Library/csound/6.0/plugins64/libjsfx.dylib' (-1)
WARNING: could not open library '/Users/mjmogo/Library/csound/6.0/plugins64/libpathtools.dylib' (-1)
WARNING: could not open library '/Users/mjmogo/Library/csound/6.0/plugins64/libelse.dylib' (-1)

So, not really sure what to do at this point, but I figure the easiest way out is to just get Linux up and running.

I would remove those plugins so you no longer get any warnings, and then just try placing one of them into the /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/ folder…

Do you know what year your iMac was made? I got one from 2010, and the latest version of the system it can run is 10.13.6.

Can I just download those plugins that I am having trouble with? I did try a couple other plugins, but I couldn’t get them to work, and the solution offered was to recompile on my machine. And hence this discussion.

Yes, but as a library. My Mac is from 2013. No issues.

Yeah, your Mac is newer than mine… Mine maxes out at 10.13.6. my brother told me there is a system plugin that allows you to install later versions, but I know Linux much better. Apple has really made an effort to make their system proprietary, so much so now their hardware is encased so you can’t do anything to upgrade it, unless they design it that way.