Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Image sliders - was FilmStrip sliders

Can you try again now? Should be working fine I think :wink:

Only tangentially related… I grabbed yesterday’s build and couldn’t get CabbageLite working no matter what I tried.

CabbageHeavy appeared to be working great, but honestly I haven’t had much chance to work with knob or slider filmstrips at all over the last week or so.

Can you try again after the next build is cooked? Might be best to start a new thread about CabbageLite…

They work perfectly, both the memorization of parameters and the default value.
In passing I have checked other parameters:

• Active / desactive; Always be active
  • PopupBubble; It does not appear in the image of the fader, but if it were
  • Range; Skew and Increment, by default at 1, and 0.01 work correctly, but if they are changed, the image shakes when moved.

Thanks for these, I knew it could NOT be this simple! I’ll try to get this resolved asap.

Absolutely! Unfortunately I won’t be able to download it and test until late, probably after your day has already ended… But I’ll report back here unless there’s already a new Lite thread :+1:

Initial couple of tests look good so far. Will run it through the full paces tonight. Thanks Rory!

@Gerbo can you try the latest dev tip? I think I have those issues sorted now. I actually came across an issue that must be around for some time. If you set teh skew factor to be non-linear and use a range that spans from negative to positive, it results in the tracker being drawn in a very odd way. For example, range(-1, 1, .5, .5, .001). It’s not so often you would need to do something like this, but I will see if I can find a fix.

@rorywalsh , Something has happened, because now both the assigned background image and the original tracker appear. Also the rslider, have the same problem with the images both background and rotation.
In the previous version 2.5.6, all that was perfect.

Thanks @gerbo. I’ll revert, This serves me right for trying to do a millions things at the same time :laughing:

You’re welcome @rorywalsh So we are already 2! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think I know what I did to mess that up. I just committed some code to git but didn’t have a chance to test yet. I will hopefully get some time to test later, but I’m pretty sure it should fix things :wink:

Thanks @rorywalsh, Now it works fine again, both rslider and hslider. What happens with the increment value is that if you use it in (1) for example, as a 4-position switch, it does not reproduce the jumps. Skew’s value now seems to work correctly.

Oh yes, that’s a good point. I’ll sort that tomorrow.

Can you try the latest dev tip?

Hi Rory, in this version 2.5.8, the increment control must be set to 0.01 at most. At 0.001, touching the fader closes Cabbage.

• With negative setting, Cabbage closes:
    range (-1, 1, 0, 1, 0.01)
    But with, range (-1, 1, 0, 1, 0.1), Cabbage stays open

• With setting from (0), it works well with these parameters:
    range (0, 1, 0, 1, 0.01)
    But with, range (0, 1, 0, 1, 0.001), cabbage is closed.

This is what I have been able to observe for now

Thanks, did you try with integer increments? In my tests it was working fine with that at least, or does that not work for you either? It’s starting to get tricky because I’m having to reimplement everything from a standard JUCE slider.

If I have tried with integers, but especially negative values produce the closing of Cabbage.
Test (-1, 1, 0, 1, 0.01) Cabbage quits.
If it is (-1, 1, 0, 1, 0.1) Cabbage is not closed, but the steps of the fader are very noticeable.

Ok, I got lucky. The problems were being causing by stupid division by 0 I wasn’t testing for. All your ranges seems to pass the tests now. I also noticed that the popup display wasn’t appear when we moved our slider thumb. I’ve updated this now too. Please let me know how it goes now.

Nice job! Very fine and precise movement. Tested with decimals and integers. Everything now works properly.
A question; By any chance have you changed something in the hsliders?