Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

IS_EDITOR_OPEN set to 0 on buffer size changes

Hey Rory,
Looks like the “IS_EDITOR_OPEN” channel gets set to 0 if I change the buffer size of the DAW while keeping the plugin window open. I guess there’s a whole bunch of stuff that gets reinitiated when changing buffer sizes. Seems like this one’s among them. It’s too bad, because I’m using it on some channels / widgets that I took of automation to reduce CPU load when the plugin is closed. But those stop working if I do a buffer size change until I close and reopen the plugin.
Do you think that’s fixable?
Thanks!

I’m not sure we can do much about that. When changing the buffer size, the host will kill the current instance of the plugin in order to update, that means that the plugin window is technically destroyed. In low level terms the editor destructor is called. It’s in there that Cabbage updates that channel. Does it return to 1 after the buffer size change?

Thanks for the answer. Actually it looks like querying that channel to leave some things out when the plugin window is closed doesn’t make such a difference after all. So don’t bother!