Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Multichannel output with JACK and Cabbage in Linux Mint

Hello! Am on Linux Mint 21.3 and I have created a Cabbage patch(in 2.8.162) with 8 output channels and am using JACK as the audio server. However, I can only see 2 active output channels in the Cabbage ‘Audio I/O’ section and in the JACK graph window. I have tested the patch with REAPER, which is correctly configured and showing 8 input channels, but still only see 2 active output channels from Cabbage. I have also tried using PulseAudio as the audio server, and all 8 output channels are visible and active.

Is this a known issue or limitation in Cabbage when using JACK? How can I utilize all 8 output channels in my Cabbage patch with JACK and see them as active in both the Cabbage ‘Audio I/O’ section and the JACK graph window?

Here is an example code:A simple synth with 8 outputs

form size(380, 160), caption(“Simple synth”), pluginId(“1Syn”)
keyboard bounds(12, 6, 360, 100)

<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>
-n -d -+rtmidi=NULL -M0 --midi-key-cps=4 --midi-velocity-amp=5 -+jack_client=[client_name] --devices
<CsInstruments>
;sr is set by the host
ksmps = 64
nchnls = 8
0dbfs=1

instr 1
kEnv madsr .1, .2, .6, .1
a1 oscil kEnv*p5, p4, 1

; Output the audio signals
outs a1, a1, a1, a1, a1, a1, a1, a1
endin

</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>
f1 0 1024 10 1
f0 3600
</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

Thank you!

Hi @ya5ha5m welcome to the community. I’m afraid I don’t spent much time in Linux these days, but the outs opcode is for stereo output. The outo is probably the one you should use.