Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Multiple channels in exported standalone application

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with handling of multi channel audio on MacOS.
I created multi channel oscilloscope csd on Cabbage and exported it as a standalone app. I want to use it with audio routing app like GroundControl and Blackhole.
On Cabbage, I can select multiple channels for input/output. For example, I can select all the 16 channels of GroundControl-16ch. However on standalone app, I can select only 2 of the 16 channels(ch1&2, ch3&4, etc).
Any suggestions for this issue? The csd and screenshot are attached.
I’m using Cabbage 2.8.0 on Intel MacBook Pro.

Oscilloscope4ch.csd (1.3 KB)

Screenshot of Cabbage

Screenshot of app

This might have been resolved in the latest version of Cabbage. Can you try?
https://dev.azure.com/rorywalsh/cabbage/_build/results?buildId=2169&view=artifacts&pathAsName=false&type=publishedArtifacts
Click the installers link and download. Note that the latest version of Cabbage is built with Big Sur, and you might need to sign the package in order to get it to run. See here. Standalones need to be signed too, and you need to launch them via their binary. For some reason new versions of Mac won’t let us run them by double-clicking the app bundle. Instead, you need to show contents, navigate to the macOS folder and double click the binary directly. It’s a pain, but for now we’re stuck with it.

Dear Rory,

Thank you for your comment.
I tried the latest version from the link, but it did not solve the issue unfortunately.

Signing standalone is really cumbersome, but I’ll bear it :frowning:

I know. But there is little that can be done about it. This is how Apple wants things to work now. :frowning:

I really appreciate your efforts to support MacOS under these difficult situation!

1 Like