Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

New rslider identifiers

I’ve added 3 new rslider identifiers that let us do these kind of crazy things (available from v2.7.6).

trackerStart(val) Sets where Cabbage will start drawing the rotary slider tracker. This is a value between 0 and 1, where 0 and 1 represent 6 o’clock. The default value is 0.1.

trackerEnd(val) Sets where Cabbage will stop drawing the rotary slider tracker. This is a value between 0 and 1, where 0 and 1 represent 6 o’clock. The default value is 0.9.

trackerCentre(val) Sets where Cabbage will start drawing the tracker progress from. This is a value between 0 and 1, where 0 and 1 represent 6 o’clock. The default value is .9.

trackerCentre(val) should always be within the trackerStart() and trackerEnd() points. If not, your will look quite strange!

p.s. being able to move the centre point of the tracker’s progress bar is something I’ve been asked to add multiple times before. Apologies for the wait :rofl:

Been missing the possibility to do this, so this is a very nice addition Rory :+1:

Would something like this also be possible now?

When the slider moves from the left, the marker increases from the middle on both sides?

This was always possible using a filmstrip :wink:

But to do it natively might not work. I don’t think there is a way to set the tracker background colour? So in this case the blue line above would be black, and when you move the slider it will draw a line from trackerCentre() to the slider position using a colour set by trackerColour(). So we would need yet another identifier for the tracker slot colour :thinking:

SliderMiddle

Sorry for the absurdly ugly slider drawings…

What I’m imagining is the green tracker (orange here) starts from the centre. When moving an increment on the slider, two graphical trackers (one going left and one right) mirrors each other?

Yeah that’s definitely a job for a filmstrip :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Rory - this is a useful addition!

Beautiful!!! Thank you very much!

However, there is still a little issue, which I hope you could address.
Clicking on the widget in edit mode erases these new identifiers as it does also with e.g. markerStart.
I’d really like to be able to position widgets with the mouse without loosing their attributes.

You have suggested a work around for this kind of thing in your SmallSliders.csd example in the other thread: Little GUI widget slugs and wishes. So I guess I could fix it in the init pass, but it would be really comfy to not need doing this. :roll_eyes: Could it be possible?

Also channel names are added automatically. I am not sure, but maybe this is the reason for some weird surprises, sometimes getting copies of widgets with possibly non unique channel names after clicking. Not easy to demonstrate this since it seems quite sporadic. But maybe you noticed something related?

Sorry, I didn’t think about that. I’ll get on that now…

[edit] fixed. New build underway…

Great! And thanks so much for bouncing back all the balls so fast :smiley:

Are these going to be cabbageSet-able? In the previous build I tried they were not.

I can make them set-able. I won’t be able to do much in the coming days, so please feel free to bump this thread if you see no movement!

Take your time:) BTW.

still seems to suffer from the mouse click issue, and likely some other attributes as well - I hope there is a way to automate the checking of this issue for all attributes.

It’s added now.

I will try to add one for the future. :wink:

Nice! Thanks!

I can’t believe you have been doing it all manually - superman! :laughing:

Less Superman, more stupid man! The GUI editor came along after the parser, the two elements are independent. If I had known then what I know now :joy: