Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

No output in DAW

Hi,

I’m working on a plug-in that builds and runs perfectly in Cabbage with both live input as well as reading a file from disk. When I open the exported AU in a DAW I get input and no output. Any ideas? My source is here.

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

What OS are you using? Are you sure the .csd file is in the same directory as the plugin?

Hi,

I’m on MacOS Mojave. I have other plugins that work without me having to include the .CSD in the “Components” folder.

Thanks!

Jair-Rohm

They don’t need to be. They are bundled into the plugin. Ok, in your case that makes no difference. Do you see any GUI when your plugins launch?

Hi and thanks a million for helping me out with this! Yes, the plugin launches as it should and in Ableton, I can see audio going into the plugin - the input meter is alive - while the output neater is stone dead. I’ve also tried it in Presonus Studio One and the JUCE plugin host.

Thanks,

JairRohm

Ah, the soundfile you are using is not in the plugin bundle. Try using the importfiles identifier.

Hi,

Very interesting! Ok, I’ll try that and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

It has to be in the same directory as the .csd file. Should be good then.

Hi,

Ok, I’ve tried this using both “import” and “bundle” as you can see in the code snippet below:

No love. Here’s a screen shot of the Ableton session showing input on the channel and no output. The .wav file is in the same directory as the .csd. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

Can you show me the contents of you VST bundle? The Contents folder specifically.

Here’s what’s in the Component bundle:

There isn’t a WAV file anywhere. Not in MacOS not in Resources.

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

Ah, ok, you need to use the bundle identifier on the line with the form widget. They belong to form. I missed this in your csd code from earlier. Either way, the .wav file should be placed into the same folder as the .csd file. :wink:

Ok, that’s good. Now, how do I “use the bundle identifier on the line with the form widget”?

Thank you ever so much!

Jair-Rohm

Like:

form size(100, 1000), bundle("1.wav", "2.wav", "image.png", "whatever.txt")

That should do it.

Ok,I’ll try that.

Thank you,

Jair-Rohm

Hi,

Ok, so that works and the WAV file gets bundled into the Component and audio plays through the plugin. Great. The plugin appears to be working except the embedded WAV file doesn’t sound.

I’ll work on this. I have a suspicion what the problem may be. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks again for your very kind help.

Jair-Rohm