Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Plugin in Logic, GUI on iPad

I’m running logic on my Mac and want the GUI for my plugin on my iPad. I’ve tried a few approaches to this and neither work well.

The first is Sidecar. That extends the display to the iPad. But it uses the mouse to control the GUI. I want to use the touchscreen.

I tried Logic Remote. That can open and adjust a plugin, but it makes its own GUI with sliders and stuff.

I feel like I’m missing an obvious solution.

Sorry, I don’t have any obvious solution, but I can try Sidecar with an iPad and an Apple Pencil and see if it works. Would it be a nice solution for you?

I’m not sure how you might do this. Is it important to have the actual plugin UI on the iPad rather than a custom UI made with Lemur or TouchOSC?

I’m looking for a performance solution, so picking up a pencil won’t work for me

You could use it as a slide for your guitar :rofl:

1 Like

Hmm. I actually started my plugin-writing journey because I was building TouchOSC interfaces for hardware loopers. I guess TouchOSC is an option … though I really don’t want another layer to build/maintain.

The other option is to drop Logic and use Reaper which offers a lot of scope for remote control.

Maybe. I’d kind of thought MainStage would be an option for live use, so I was trying to stay in the Apple ecosystem.

It isn’t the end of the world to use the mouse. I’m just kind of surprised this iPad use isn’t supported. The Logic Remote is pretty slick, but only for limited uses.

The other way forward will be some MIDI control to get things at my feet.

i’m finding that a good way to communicate between apple devices is bluetooth midi