Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Possible to scale FFT Spectrogram Display?

Yes, wonderful. Just getting my head around the commands for what to draw into the image… :wink:

Related to this, I tried some more things with gentable, and I’m puzzled by something here.
At first I thought that some arguments did not work, e,g, ampRange(). Then I discovered that it does work, but that it depends on the order I type them in.

For example, here it does not work

gentable bounds( 5, 10, 390,200), channel(“pvsplot”), tableNumber(1), tableGridColour(100,100,100,50), tableColour(0,0,200,200), outlineThickness(1), sampleRange(0, 64), ampRange(0,1,-1)

But it works here:

gentable bounds( 5, 10, 390,200), channel(“pvsplot”), tableNumber(1), ampRange(0,1,-1), tableGridColour(100,100,100,50), tableColour(0,0,200,200), outlineThickness(1), sampleRange(0, 64)

… and do you have a source where I can read some more details about svgEelement commands?

The forum is the best place. And then any number of SVG related websites. The text that gets passed in is just plain old SVG. Constructing the text in Csound is a bit of a pain but works all the same.

Got it. Thanks.
And what about the order of arguments for gentable?

That’s something I’ll have to investigate next week. I’m away visiting family at the moment :+1:

Fwiw, I’d be happy to help with the SVG approach. It would be a good advert for what can be done with it.