Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Presonus Studio One

None of my Cabbage plugins work in Presonus Studio One. When I instantiate a plugin, the output sound is buzzy and downsampled. Anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you do to remedy it?

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

What version of Cabbage are you using? If there is a free trail of studio one I will download it and see what’s going on.

Hi,

I’m on Cabbage version 2.3.0. Here’s the free version of Studio One: https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One-4-Prime

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

Turns out that version doesn’t let you load 3rd party plugins…

[edit] I’m downloading the demo version of the full package now. But I recall downloading this before, so it might not let me use the demo…

I can’t run the demo either. This is so frustrating. I don’t know why companies do this. I will try to find someone with a copy, in the mean time can you try setting ksmps to 1 and re-exporting to see if that makes a difference?

Rory,

I understand. I’ll try that workaround and get back to you.

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

1 Like

Rory,

I tried changing ksmps to “1”. Didn’t work. No output at all in Studio One. It did work when I changed ksmps to “4”.

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

Rory,

I’ve now omitted the ksmps line from my code and because Csound fills that in automatically everything works. Good. Onward!

Thanks again!

Jair-Rohm

That’s strange. Cabbage sets it to 32 if no ksmp is set. Can you try 32 and see if it also gives good results. .

Rory,

I’ll try that later today and get back to you.

Thanks,

Jair-RĂ´hm

The only thing that appears to work is setting ksmps to 4.

Jair-Rohm

There seems to be some issue with Presonus Sudio One. Some plugs work when I change ksmps to 4. Some don’t. Some don’t work no matter what I do. Any ideas? Any ideas for how I could debug this in a running plugin?

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

Are you familiar with Visual Studio? That’s really the only way to debug it. I will ask around here and see if I can find anyone with a copy that I can debug with.

Hi @trkkazulu. I managed to get another trial version of Presonus installed. I’m not seeing any issues with audio in my tests. Everything seems to work fine straight out of the box. I tested with this version of Cabbage. Note that I tried the very latest build too, but somehow my plugin synths don’t run. I’m looking into that now.

Ok, I think I might have found something. Looks like there may be an audio routing issue. This is something that we noticed in FLStudio and Bitwig too. The latest build can be found here. Would you mind trying it out when you get a chance. Note it will take some time to build. It will be ready for download once you see the Artefacts button on the top right of that page.

Rory,

Very interesting. Ok, I’ll try that and get back to you.

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

Rory,

I followed the link and clicked on the Artefacts tab. An empty folder downloaded. Please advise.

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

Strange, perhaps the artifacts get removed after a certain amount of time. Can you try this one?

Again an empty folder.

I don’t know how that can be. I just tried it here myself and it downloads fine. I also tried it at home on an different network/machine and it also works fine. I’ve attached a screencast of me doing this just a few moments. Perhaps something is being blocked by your ISP? At any rate, I’ve uploaded the current build to my OneDrive for you.