Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Problem with building

You need the Steinberg VST 2.4 SDK to build the VST2 Cabbage plugins. Unfortunately these are no longer available, but if you can find a copy you can put them into that folder and it should build fine. Otherwise just disable the VST2(Legacy) build option in the Projucer CabbagePlugin and CabbagePluginSynth projects.

Adding vst2.x folder (found this sdk vstsdk366_27_06_2016_build_61.zip) solved the fatal error.

I have Cabbage and CabbageLite in /install/bin subfolders and they seems to work but where they should be? I canā€™t access examples from file menu like pointing at an non existent directory.

By the way this is theoutput of ./buildCabbage (488.8 KB)

Bye

Glad you got it working :wink: Looks like the script below isnā€™t setting any directory for the examples. I can add somthing to it, but where do you think they should go?

Donā€™t know either, but suspect that my build is wrong since no file was copied outside the build directoryā€¦ but until it works iā€™m ok.

Did you run the installCabbage script with sudo? Either way, it should run fine from the build dir so long as the plugin .soā€™s are in the same directory.

Run as normal user, thats why. Thank you

Iā€™ve been trying to install Cabbage but it didnā€™t work so I search for help and I found this , I did managed to install Csound and JUCE but not Cabbage bcuz I canā€™t find the file

• aeffect.h
  • aeffectx.h
  • vstfxstore.h

what should I do to get these file . Thank You

Hi @Sbh_Sh. These files are part of the VST2.4 SDK, which is no longer available from Steinberg. More details can be found in this thread. Just scroll upwards to here.

Btw, you might be able to find them online somewhere if you dig hard enoughā€¦