Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Problems saving presets with encoders (+and a problem with FL Studio)

I recently created a topic about a synthesizer I was putting together.
I managed to almost finish it thanks to the help : ) !

But now I have a problem with my Presets system, it doesn’t seem to save my changes to the encoders.
When I try to save a preset with modified encoders, it just resets them all to their initial position.

It seems to work fine with everything else!

*Additionally, I have some problems with FL Studio which doesn’t make any sound with my plugin unless I move the presets options a bit. I guess someone here works with their plugins in this DAW.
This is a minor problem that I don’t mind so much to solve, unlike the first thing.

It might be good to add my .csd in case any revisions are needed:
Trabajo Actual .csd (10.2 KB) Trabajo Actual .snaps (2.8 KB)

It comes with a .snaps file from when the preset system did take the waveform parameters (I think they were sliders instead of encoders at that time, not sure).

thanks @Carambolo, I’ll take a look, and thanks for the csd to test with. that always makes things easier on my end :+1:

1 Like

just triggered a new build which should fix this, can you let me know if it works Ok?

Sure! I am waiting for a download link.

I couldn’t find it in Azure pipelines.

same place as always (there is a sticky post on the forum homepage about it…)

https://dev.azure.com/rorywalsh/cabbage/_build?view=runs

I looked it up there! I mean there is no file in the “Artifacts” section to download.

no, it’s not finished building yet. pour yourself a cup of tea or have a beer while you wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am downloading it now :slightly_smiling_face: :white_check_mark:, So the process to test if it works would be like:

• Create a new csd file.
  • Copy my code into that.
  • Give use to my plugin and see if the encoder data is recorded.

Right?

yeah just do as you did originally, it should work better now :+1: tbh, I think that was a very long standing bug I, well done for finding it :slight_smile:

System with encoders working perfectly!

I also tried exporting it as a plugin and it gave successful results :dog: :white_check_mark:.

I’m happy that this turned out to be an improvement to cabbage in general!