3. Predelay
  4. Room size “kFdBack”
  5. Diffusion
  6. Colour
  7. Decay
  8. High Damping
  9. Dry
  10. Reverb/Wet
    What would be the items I call for the above.
    High cut and lowcut Possibly “fco” using different frequencies for lower and higher.
    Yet what would be for the rest of the rsliders to identify the correct device.
    I think I am looking for kFdBack kFco what would the others be?

There is no reverb opcode in Csound that provides all of those parameters. You’ll need to mix and match other opcodes to control the parameters you describe above. By “high-damping” do you mean high frequency attenuation, if so that’s what the kfco* parameter of reverbsc does. If you want to control “diffusion” I think you’ll need to write your own component reverb from scratch so you can control the amount of reflections. ‘Decay’ and ‘room size’ are directly related, so I think one could be ditched. Most plugins I’ve seen usually only have only one of these parameters, but I’m no expert. What’s do you mean by colour? If you simply mean some EQ-ing of the output this can easily be done by adding a few filters to the output of the reverb. If you mean EQing as part of the reverb processing chain you’ll again have to create your own. Reverb/Wet and Dry also seem to me like the same thing? No reverb will be dry right? Or? Predelay can be created by adding a simple delay to the signal before it enters the reverb.

*kFco and kFdBack are variable names and don’t mean anything out of context. I assume you are referring to the names of some of the input variables from the reverb opcodes in the Csound manual?

i needed a reference to start from so i opened fl studio see the basic reverb wrote all dials down, decided if i start from there. that’s how i came up with those.

when i was looking at this jigsaw i wondered what made a rslider know thats its this and that, and what made each link to each other. just as in html <> is an opening and </> a closing both understand their purpose and place to be within the jigsaw.
if say for example Decay’s relationship was abc would reflect throughout knowing each would help me build the picture and understand the workflow. can you see how bad those tutorials are needed i’m sure anyone discovering this for the first time will wonder the same.

i’ve looked in those manuals yet this was the thing that blew my mind, reading is fast becoming obsolete twitter knew this when it realized attention span is less and less with reading short blurbs worked. audio and video are leading the way forward.

i’m happy to admit i am walking in the dark with all this :slight_smile:

That’s a fair enough approach. :wink:

Did you look at this video tutorial? The key here is that each time you create a slider you assign a channel name to it. Then in your Csound instrument code you access that slider’s value using a chnget.

Less popular yes, but reading will never be obsolete. You really think so? Personally I hate having to watch through large chucks of useless information on youtube just to learn how to do something. Give me a manual over a video any day, but again, that’s just my personal taste. I can clearly see how popular video tutorials are among my students. In fact, it’s how I communicate much of my material, but a video tutorial only scratches the surface of what can be put into a good textbook.