Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Saving preset mysteriously deletes another preset

Hey there - somehow, occasionally when I save a named preset using Cabbage’s built-in preset system (.snaps), it’ll successfully save the preset but simultaneously delete a different existing preset. I’ve run into this problem on both instruments of my own and the example instrument (PresetsNamed). I have yet to really find a pattern that could help explain the cause of this unfortunately. For me it happens sort of rarely but when it does happen it feels bad haha.

Is this a bug that could be fixed? For reference, I’m using v2.5.17.

It certainly could be a bug, especially when we take into account how new the named presets system is. It would be great if you could find some kind of pattern that causes it?

Yes, I just experienced this aswell. Started from the init patch, created a preset called “Fifth Element” and it deleted a preset called “Shimmer”. This was in a DAW.

Are you able to recreate every time? That would be good, well, bad, but good for me!

No, but I will turn on the screen recorder and try to recreate it

I also think I noticed that sometimes the delete button doesn’t delete a preset

Notice the preset “Test Space”

And notice preset 5 here.

Yup, I see the problem. Leave it with me :+1:

1 Like

@hdale94 Does this only happen in plugin exports? Or have you been able to recreate it in the IDE?

Hmm, seems to be only happening in the export, but I can’t be 100% certain as it’s a little rare. But the delete bug where you press the delete button and it doesn’t delete happens in Cabbage

1 Like

I just can’t recreate this in Cabbage. I’m going to try a DAW now and see if I can do it there…

[edit] I think I see the issue now. Somehow when we delete a preset, the xml preset file still holds on to a empty reference to the preset. I’m looking into it now. It’s a strange one…

1 Like

I’ve had this happen in the IDE (both in an instrument of mine as well as the PresetsNamed example). Sorry I haven’t been able to look into it. Been busy with schoolwork (midterm season)… I really appreciate your efforts to fix this (both of you!).

I think this is fixed. now guys. Can you try the latest version when it’s done. Should be available in 40 minutes or so in Azure.

Seems to work fine :grin: Will test more when the new buttons are implemented

I notice the delete bug is still there, but it’s just that the preset doesn’t always delete when you click delete like in the second video

I’ll check it out. I was having no issues with them here myself, but will try again in a host.

1 Like

I just triggered a new build. I hope this one address the issue. It passes my tests here. Should be ready in 45 minutes or so.

1 Like