Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

$SCREEN_WIDTH expansion bug

Finally tracked this one down: :joy:

Does not work:
image pos(0, 0), size($SCREEN_WIDTH, $SCREEN_HEIGHT)

Works:
image pos(0, 0), size( $SCREEN_WIDTH, $SCREEN_HEIGHT)

Thanks for this. Iā€™ll take a look when I get back to work. Just taking it easy for a few days!

Sounds good, Iā€™ve temporarily worked around it with the extra space for nowā€¦ Want me to throw it in the github buglist so it doesnā€™t get forgotten?

Youā€™ve a better chance of it getting attention here than on github issues, which I rarely ever look atā€¦

Fair enough.

I had also recently opened a minor syntax bug over on github too. I found it when fixing up some of my really old instruments. Donā€™t know if you saw it yet, but I didnā€™t test extensively (without macros :rofl:) since it was an easy fix on my end too:

I have this fixed now in the dev branch. A new build should be available to try out shortly.

With regards to the other issue, Iā€™m not sure it is a bug? There has never been support for '.'s between identifiers. It makes sense it might break parsing because a full stop typically indicates the end of a section of text. Although I have not programmed it to behave this way it does seem rather obvious to me?

I didnā€™t expect it to be ā€œsupportedā€ per-se, but if itā€™s not intended to do anything I think it seems strange to have it behave the way it does. Itā€™s right next to the ā€œ,ā€ so itā€™s easily triggered on accident, and looks similar so itā€™s also easily overlooked when troubleshooting.

Iā€™m not really too concerned if you consider it behaving as expected tho. It just felt like a bug to me.

Awesome, thanks! Iā€™m done for the day, but Iā€™ll grab a new build and test it tomorrow.