Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Snaps not showing up in root folder (and me being dumb with rates)

Sorry for the consecutive posts and the double topic, I feel like the second part of the question is going to be fairly easily solvable and involve me putting my palm directly through my face.

The first part is, in the Cabbage manual it says you can rename snaps to whatever when they show up in the folder, but when I save them they’re showing up in the instrument but not in my actual explorer. Windows 10, have show hidden files on, mad confused with this, is there a default directory in the cabbage install they’d be saving to?

The other is I’m wondering if there’s a way to read a slider at a-Rate, essentially I’m setting up delay lines and would like the times to be variable, but can’t seem to find any opcodes which incorporate a-rate audio and k-rate times, typecasting to a obviously just adds loads of artifacts because k rate works in steps according to the docs.

Sorry for being dumb, will keep looking on the delay topic and edit if I find something before you get a chance to reply!

Sorry, I need to update the docs! All snaps are now placed in a single file in the .csd folder. You can edit that file to update the snapshot names.

You’ll need to up sample. You can upsample using upsamp but you’ll still get artifacts. I guess you could use a lowpass filter to smooth the signal and remove any glitches. Also, check out Iain’s real-time delay examples, no noise there when changing the delay times :wink:

1 Like

Aahhhh I found the snaps file, I’m going to need to implement them in vanilla csound to load parameters, from opening the file in notepad it looks like it’s just an XML file, dyou think I’d be better off doing a custom one for the params or reading the values from the .snaps file?

If you need it to work without Cabbage you’ll be better off using a simplified file I think. Parsing an XML file with Csound sounds like it could take a while. @Retornz wrote a custom preset managers that really works very well if you care to check that out in his ToneZ plugin. But it might be overkill for your use case.

1 Like