Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Soundfiler doesn't display FLAC audio file waveform

Soundfiler doesn’t display FLAC audio file waveform.
In Cabbage version 2.5.0 this was still possible. In the latest version 2.5.19 I installed Soundfiler doesn’t show the waveform (No audio file loaded) but Diskin2 still plays the file without problems.
WAV files work ok.

Oh, that’s odd, but I might have an idea why that is. Thanks for the report. I’ll look into it and hopefully get a fix out soon.

Hi Patrick. I just pushed some changes there that should allow you to work with flac files in the soundfiler again. It will be ready in Azure in an hour or so :wink:

Hi Rory,

I downloaded your latest version, which is still 2.5.20 by the way, but now it’s not possible anymore to load audio files. Pushing the file button has no effect. Tried the example files and there the same thing happens.
Stepped back to 2.5.19 and OK again.

Maybe something has changed?

Thanks for checking Patrick. I’ll take a look. I should have really tested that before I said it was ready!

I just tried the latest build here and it worked fine for me? I pushed the very latest to Azure, it’s just building now, and I bumped the version number so we can be certain we are using the same version. Can you try it when it’s done and let me know?

Hi Rory. I can confirm that 2.5.21 works fine related to loading of FLAC audio files in soundfiler.

I’ve noticed yesterday that some example files loaded audio files well while others didn’t, which made me suspecting something strange was going on.
To keep a long story short after some extensive debugging I found out that the reason clicking the file button didn’t open a file was due to the tag - style(“legacy”) - in de form header of my csd file.
Once removed everything worked ok again.
The reason I had this tag in my form header was because I used DiskinFilePlayer.csd as a template for my program.

What does this tag do by the way?

I only discovered Cabbage just recently and frankly I am impressed with what this framework can do. It allows me to do things, mainly with midi, that was not possible to do for me before.I am really enjoying this.

Thank you.

It just uses an older style theme for the buttons, but it should still work, so it looks like you may have found a bug. I’ll get that sorted asap.

Always nice to hear that. We’re not a large community, but we are a happy one! :laughing:

File button works again with style(“legacy”) option enabled in 2.5.22. :+1:

1 Like