Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Start up issue on Mac 10.15.7 - must comment f0 z

Hey everyone, in my recent time using cabbage, I have noticed a small bug (maybe) that prevents my synth/instrument for opening when I press the Play icon or hit Command-S. This seems to be remedied by commenting out the “f0 z” line at the end of the score section… (In finding this, I have also come to the realization that I am not sure what “f0 z” does…) However, once I comment that line out and then hit Command-S, the my synth’s GUI appears and sound is created just fine. I can then go back in, uncomment the “f0 z”, and then see that my synth’s GUI and audio are refreshed and working just fine…

So far, my trick/remedy seems to work well, but doesn’t seem like expected behavior… I personally can not even begin to theorize why this happens, way begin the scope of my knowledge here. Figured this was worth sharing though

Thanks for everyone’s work on such a cool tool.

Walker

Hi @walker, Does this also happen with the basic template .csd file that Cabbage creates? I’m not sure why f0 z represents what it does, because f-statement typically denote function tables, but in this case this instructs Csound to wait indefinitely. It’s typically used in live scenarios where you don’t know he duration of the performance. And this translates well to plugins that need to wait for MIDI events for as long as a session is active.

Hey @rorywalsh, creating a new cabbage synth template does not seem to have this issue. I quit and restarted Cabbage multiple times and have not been able to reproduce the issue(opening the template project first)… If I open this template synth first, and then attempt to open the others, they all open. However, opening my existing project synths first, sometimes does result in them not opening. That being said, if I then open the template (unedited) synth, I am able to open my existing projects by clicking the Play button or hitting Command-S.

Opening the template prior to anything else is a pretty quick and easy fix to open my existing projects though…

Appreciate it!

What version number are you using?

Ah right. Might be best to take a peek into the future and download one of the latest beta packages. Click on the 3 dots to the right of the Installers link and download the platforms installers. I will try to prepare a new official release shortly.

awesome, will try that now. Thanks Rory!

hey Rory, when I installed the Mac beta Cabbage I was unable to open that build. I am on 10.15.7, using a 2015 MBP. everything seems to work just fine when I open the simple template file first, didn’t noticed any other issues while I was working on a project for several hours this weekend.

Check out this sticky…