Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Strings will be the death of me!

Ok, after finding many problems with my code and fixing them, I’ve come across a problem that I just can’t wrap my brain around. Both Csound and Cabbage are saying I am using a variable before it is defined, but it is clearly defined just five lines before the offending error. I’m also getting a second error saying that it can’t determine the type of the variable, but that would make sense if it can’t find the definition.

Is there a way of running the preprocessor to get a flat file of everything? Can I just use the c-compiler preprocessor? Or can it be done with Csound itself?

I don’t get this, but after making some edits, I found the real offending problem, but it had absolutely nothing to do with this variable being undefined. Once I fixed that unrelated problem, it was able to find the missing variable. I really wish Csound’s error reporting were a bit more robust and honest!

I feel your pain.

Couldn’t agree more. It has got better over the years, but it’s still not great. :frowning:

I did learn one thing, if I make three comments in my creator library, I can get Csound itself to build a Cabbage interface!

I heard a man named Eric once say, “always look on the bright side of life!”

1 Like