Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Tempo sync

Any insight into tempo tempo sync and how to implement tempo and tempo control with widgets in different modifiers"opcodes" and instruments would be really helpful :+1:

Do you mean tempo sync from a host DAW?

Hi,
this question is pretty old but I was looking for the same, found the answer looking through the cabbage examples and then looking closer in the manual:

Manual page explaining how to get information from the host (like host tempo, BPM)
https://cabbageaudio.com/docs/host_info/

So getting the host tempo would be like:

kBPM chnget "HOST_BPM"

although I saw in the examples it was used like this:

ktempo    chnget    "bpm"                ;tempo taken from host BPM
  • where “bpm” seems to be a short form of “HOST_BPM”

maybe this will help others in the future.

kind regards,
Stefan

1 Like

It’s definitely HOST_BPM you need to query. I’m not sure what’s going on in those examples :thinking:

hi,
interesting! I’m really new to cabbage (two days basically).
I just searched the cabbage examples directory, only 2 of the examples call chnget “bpm” without defining that channel elsewhere.
Wouldn’t that suggest that it’s a reserved channel as is explained on the above linked manual page?
I must surely be missing something, both examples DO call chnget with “HOST_BPM” at another code-location.
Hopefully this is not too off-topic…

The two examples that use it are
[…]\Cabbage\Examples\Effects\Time\CrossedDelays.csd (line 127)
[…]\Cabbage\Examples\Effects\Time\TempoDelay.csd (line 61)

Kind regards

Ah great! Welcome to the forum and good luck with Cabbage!

I think we would need to ask @iainmccurdy. But I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is no channel called “bpm”. Perhaps there was way back when I was first writing Cabbage :thinking: That might explain it.

1 Like

I think it’s actually an error on my part. I seem to have reused a block of code with the error in these two example.
Thanks for pointing this out!
Iain

1 Like

thanks for the warm welcome @rorywalsh and clarification @iainmccurdy!
I will stick with HOST_BPM for sure then :slight_smile:
you will surely read another post of mine soon as I’m digging in deeper with cabbage!
I really love the spirit round here already! :space_invader:

2 Likes