Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Thanks Rory!

I wasn’t sure which category (if any) it was appropriate to post this in, so feel free to delete this :slight_smile:

I just wanted to say thanks to Rory, who I’m sure will read this post. It has been my dream for a long time to build synths and I would have never been able to get the confidence to do that without using Cabbage as a steppingstone into full C++/JUCE development.

You are doing amazing work here!

2 Likes

Thanks @matdombrock, nice of you to say. So have you ventured as far as C++/JUCE yet? It’s quite a trip :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, my synth written in JUCE is in alpha right now with over 1k downloads so far.

It really has been quite the experience going from back-end web development (my day job) to the world of JUCE and C++. I still have a lot to learn but the time I spent working with Cabbage really inspired me and gave me the confidence I needed to get going on this path.

Eventually I hope I can even give something meaningful back to the open source audio community.

Can you share a link to your synth, I’d love to take a look?

Yeah sure. I just didn’t want to come off as plugging anything since that definitely was not my intention here.

ReplicatAudio - GreenWave

It is Windows only for now, just because I don’t have the budget yet for a Mac.

Edit: I also wanted to add here, the reason I actually “moved on” from Cabbage was about some limitations of CSound and not even Cabbage itself.

No need to explain why you moved on! Csound can be a nice stepping stone to other things. I use it less and less myself these days, but it’s the first place I go if I want to try out some new ideas.

The synth looks and sounds great. Nice work.:clap:

2 Likes

Nice topic @matdombrock and I’m gladly joining you in giving thanks for Rory. And not only for Cabbage but for a contribution to the whole CSound community :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

What are you using if not Csound?

Sorry, I should have said that if I have a choice I use Csound every time, but often I have no choice. So I end up having to use C++, C#, whatever. It really depends on the work.