Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

The new record button in Cabbage

Hi!
I’m curious about the “new” record button (see screen-shot).
Sorry, I couldn’t find any info.

Press it and see what happens :rofl: It’s described in this thread. The tldr is press it and it will arm record. The next time you play an instrument it will start recording the output until you stop the instrument. :+1:

Very nice! Thank you! Useful to record audio.
So the future 2 additional buttons will record gestures and midi :wink:
It was heard to find under “tweak requests”.

I did dare to push the button to see what happens :slight_smile: but nothing other then blinking red happened, leaving me desperate to get rid of the blinking. It might be good to add the ability to disarm (it feels like a bug to remain in the armed state indefinitely, being obligated to “shoot” in order to disarm) and some more text to the message informing that now it is ready to record audio from the current instrument (when the instrument starts).

Yes, these are fine suggestions ,especially the disarm option. Of course, as with some many Cabbage features, it could be easily explained with an update to the documentation. I hereby promise Cabbage 3 is going to be most documented version of Cabbage yet :rofl:

I wanted to try this feature but it’s not creating any file here on a Silicon Mac with Sonoma 14.3.1, Cabbage version 2.9.201.
I suspect permission issues.
When I press the record button it starts blinking, but when I press play it doesn’t turn solid red. When I stop the instrument no file is created.
Cabbage has access to the Documents folder and the User Files folder points there. The csd has been placed inside that folder.
Am I missing something?

I don’t think so. I tested this Iain when I implemented it and it seemed to work fine there. The output file should go into the same directly as the .csd file :thinking:

Hi Rory, can you check something with this? When trying to record from one of the built-in examples, it doesn’t seem to produce a file. Saving the .csd to a user-level directory first fixes it. This doesn’t seem to entirely make sense as REC should only ever be recording to Documents regardless of where the .csd is.

I thought the default behaviour was to record to the folder the .csd is in?

Apparently not, but if it was that then the examples will never work. Maybe this issue is what @giovannibedetti encountered. I’d say this is low priority, a version 3 project.

Done. All files will now be placed into the user’s Document folder :+1:

1 Like