Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Things not documented and how to understand them

I was going through an example of Iain’s (MIDI_Monitor.csd), and noticed it used some undocumented widget options. Particularly, he uses “drawmode()” with a gentable widget. Since this is an old example, can we assumed that this call is undocumented for a reason, or is it something that were shouldn’t use it? Or is “drawmode” still usable? If so, what does it do?

drawMode() was an ill-fated attempted at allowing gentables to become vu meters :rofl:

These days we have meter widgets that are much simpler to use. The reason it’s still there is simply because we never removed it. I’ve done that now. And I’ve also added a warning message about their use.

I’ve just about completed an update of the docs. I just have one or two more things to do. I think I have most issues sorted with the current beta, so if I get no earth shattering bug reports in the next days I plan to release version 2.6 early next week :+1: After 42 iterations of 2.5, I think it’s time!

1 Like

You are mentioning meter widgets. Are there any dedicated ones? I ‘retrofitted’ my instruments with a simple meter based on max_k using a vslider with invisible handle. Is this state-of-the-art or just because I don’t know a better widget for that purpose?

Speaking of undocumented :see_no_evil: I never noticed this widget was not listed in the docs. This example should be enough to see you right. I’ll add this to the list of updates to do for the docs :+1: