Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Unsure what to do

I started to create an interface completely using ‘cabbageCreate’, mostly as a test to see what I can come up with. I have run into something I am not sure how to explain, but in creating a ‘checkbox’, in my real program, as soon as I add the ‘channel’ name for the widget, it immediately disappears (or doesn’t create, I don’t know which because I don’t get a message. Then when I remove the ‘channel’ name from the creation string, it creates and shows up.

I then created a stripped down test file to create these ‘checkbox’ widgets, but I can’t seem to get it to reproduce the problem. Everything works fine.

I attached my full program, it is relatively short, and should be easy to follow. Tinny.csd (15.0 KB)

If you run it as is, it should have a single checkbox object display, at least that is what I get. If I remove the ‘channel’ name from the other ‘checkbox’, it will reappear, and by the same token, if I add a ‘channel’ name to the ‘checkbox’ that does display, it will then disappear.

I’m not quite sure what happened, but that file I uploaded is the wrong file. This is the one… Tinny.csd (16.1 KB)

Alright, I’m not at my computer right now, but I think I know what might be causing this. While they are not visible, other widgets are using the same ‘channel’ names…

I’m also not at my PC now, but let me know if you have it sorted :+1:

So, it does turn out that it was a clash with other channel names, as soon as I commented out that other version I was using, everything showed up as it should.

Might it be possible for Cabbage to issue a warning message when it can’t create some widget?

I agree it would be nice, but I’m not sure how easy it might be to do. I’ll have a look. :wink:

I have just added something now that should provide a warning to the user if they try to dynamically create widgets with the same channel name. I have a few more things to work on this morning before I push to git.

Thanks, Rory! I really appreciate the work you are doing.