Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

VST export results in black window

Hi,

I found out today about Cabbage and I really like the software! Unfortunately I have a few issues with it. One of them is that I can export the VST but it only displays a black image. I use Windows 10 and tried it on Ableton Live 11 and Reaper.

I downloaded Cabbage today (https://github.com/rorywalsh/cabbage/releases/download/v2.8.0/Cabbage64Setup-2.8.0.exe). The installation was successful. I’m also able to export it successfuly to a standalone application and it works.

So do you have any ideas what it could be? Is there somewhere an error log I can analyze?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome the forum :+1:

This is most likely because you haven’t placed the .csd file into the same directory as the .dll. Cabbage exports both the dll and .csd file to the same folder, but if you move the dll, then you have to make sure the .csd file goes with it. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you! It works. But now I have another question :smiley: How can I ship the VST without including the csd file? Is this even possible?

No, you must include it. But you can put it in a different folder than the vst folder (C:/ProgramData/CabbageAudio/PluginName). If you want to hide the .csd code so others can’t read it, and replace the CabbageAudio branding with your own, you will need to purchase a license.

Oh. Thanks for the clarification! I didn’t found any information about licenses on the cabbage website, only a discussion thread in this forum. Could you please share a link with additional information about licensing cabbage?

:+1:

1 Like

Thanks! I think it would be a good idea to share this information on your Cabbage main page so people are able to find this information at one go. :slight_smile:

Thanks, it’s mentioned in the FAQs. I’m not too keen to plaster it on the main homepage as Cabbage is first and foremost an open source software.

1 Like