Running Cabbage 2.8.0 + OBS 27.2.4 on Windows 10. Seems to happen with any exported VST, including the examples.
- Export as VST
- Copy the necessary files to one of obs-vst’s accepted folders:
%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components\
- Start OBS
- On “Audio Mixer”, click the gear icon for any output and then “Filter”
- Select the “+” icon below and then “VST 2.x Plugin”
- On the dropdown menu, select the exported VST
- Close everything (including OBS) and try to run it again - it’ll instantly crash
This was already recorded to happen with another VST, and as I’ve checked with Process Explorer the underlying cause is the same: somehow, the VST changes the working directory of the host to its own.
Afterwards, OBS tries to load some other files, gets lost, crashes and burns.
What could be the cause behind this?