Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Widget Bounding Boxes

Is there a way to change the size and shape of a widgets mouseover bounding boxes? Or at least make it a circle instead of a square? I’m only asking this because of the double and triple knobs that I have. While I can still access all the knobs, it isn’t all that intuitive that one of the inner knobs has a square bounding box which partly obscures the knob below it.

I’ve attached an example file. I did notice that the problem isn’t as pronounced using the default knob as compared with using a filmstrip graphic.

KnobTest2.csd (1.5 KB)

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 11.36.00 PM

I don’t think so. This is something that is tied into the JUCE library. Of course with several weeks of development one could create an entirely new slider class that might be able to handle this, but I can’t see that happening any time soon.

Have you considered using nsliders? They take is the least amount of space on screen.

This is all purely cosmetic. While it is a tad cumbersome to work around this, I don’t think it’s a game changer. I figured that if this wasn’t possible, that it would be difficult to add, but if it is already there…

1 Like