Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

AAX Format?

Any chance that you will add support for the Pro Tools plugin format?

Did you see here. Last time I tried I got stuck. I can try again, but if I need any assistance from Apple I’m screwed.

I see. I used Pro Tools for 15 years until I was fed up with their BS. Just though it would be of service to make my instrument available for PT users.

I agree. It would very nice to be able to offer this export option. I don’t have a copy of ProTools, so it makes building and debugging extremely difficult. :frowning:

I think “Pro Tools First” should work just to see if a plugin is working properly.

I checked that. You can only install plugins that are approved by Avid, or at just that’s the impression I got?

I see, yeah that fits their general business politics. :neutral_face:

Yeah, this is my impression too.

Ahem

• You must be willing to make your product available for commercial sale to end-users. We don’t offer our developer materials or services for academic use, experimentation, or “just to check them out.
    […]
  • AAX plugins must be digitally signed and this requires a fee in certain cases. This is part of a comprehensive technical effort to prevent the use of unauthorized copies of your plugins (“cracks”) with Avid products.

Basically, even you could make them, they wouldn’t load in Avid products without their key-signing/blessing. This has more details on dev vs production versions of ProTools and PACE/iLok key/license needed for the latter.

Also they’ve discontinued “Pro Tools First”, as far as I can tell. Nowadays you can only get a limited-time trial version.

Yeah, way to go Avid 🤦