Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage and WWise plugins

How much effort would it take to create plugins for WWise using Cabbage?
I don’t know anything about it, but it is what almost every AAA game company uses for game audio.

1 Like

A student of mine is currently looking into this. :wink:

2 Likes

Great!
I’ll wait for some news :star_struck:

Hi Rory!

Just checking in on this to see if there are any updates. I’m also keen on using Wwise as a middleware in combination with CSoundUnity (or possibly instead of depending on performance). But as it stands, I’m rather limited by the available plug-ins.
I’ve had a go at running PD patches through the Heavy Compiler, it is unfortunately quite clunky and seems to have been discontinued by Enzienaudio, as well as being exclusive to PD.

Let us know if there’s anything we can do to assist with the CSoundWwise development :slight_smile:

It’s summer holidays here, so I not sure @I_Am_Lorde is actively working on this yet…

Ah yes of course! :beach_umbrella:

Just dropping a +1 on this thread.

Any news on this?

I’m trying to start to develop a Csound plugin for Wwise, but I’m stuck at creating the project.
I successfully created the source files for the Plugin following this guide:
https://www.audiokinetic.com/library/edge/?source=SDK&id=effectplugin_tools.html
(video here: https://youtu.be/MOZPi2rtfQo)
but the second step if failing miserably, when calling:
python "%WWISEROOT%/Scripts/Build/Plugins/wp.py" premake Windows_vc140
I get:
Error: invalid option 'plugindir'

In the video of course it works perfectly :thinking:
Any hints?

1 Like

I’ve just emailed @I_Am_Lorde about this now. Hope to get the ball moving pretty fast on it. I’m afraid I can’t help much with your problem @giovannibedetti as I’ve never even used Wwise, let alone set up developer tools for it :frowning: But I’ve a feeling I’ll be getting pretty well acquainted with it soon!

1 Like

There’s no hurry really, it’s just that @Alex_Emile and me are very curious on that!!
And still we couldn’t make any progress on this…
So thank you! Hope you’ll bring good news :partying_face:

I’m about to get stuck into this for my master’s project so I will keep you updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! Great choice for a Master’s project :wink:

So I was going through this process again today and it seems to be working fine for me. Have you tried this again since? From your error, if I had to guess it sounds like you may not be in the root of the project when running the premake command.

after running the new command, you need to change directory “cd” into the newly created project folder, then you can run premake.

python “%WWISEROOT%/Scripts/Build/Plugins/wp.py” premake Authoring

if it still doesn’t work let me know and I can walk you through the steps I took to get it working :slight_smile:

Thanks!
I’m sure I changed the directory, but I’ll try again when I find some time!
:+1:
Let us know about your progress! I’m very curious!!

Hi,
Hope you will be fine. I’m working on this project. When it completes i will be updated you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Let us know how it goes :+1: @I_Am_Lorde has created a CsoundWwise interface. I’m not sure if he is ready to realise it yet, but it might be good to share.

Hi Lindsey, I have been working on this too and hope to have a simple v1 released in the coming weeks. I would be interested to hear how you approached this and what your thoughts on the Wwise SDK are?

Did this ever get up and running? Interested to see.

I’m not sure, but I know the person who developed is now working full time, and probably doesn’t have any time for this. Are you a developer? I could ask him if he wants to share the source code. Actually, I might ask him if he would release it to github so others can take up the development.

thats cooooool!
Im looking forward to some progress :heart_eyes:

Hello, Yes I got this about 90% done the last part I was trying to automate the packaging tool as there were quite a few steps to that part. I’m working full time as a developer at the moment so it’s difficult to find the time to look at this.

I will try and make the time to put something more structured together but in the meantime, I will share a link to the repo for this project.

Csound Wwise Repo

3 Likes