Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Creating a "choke" for audio in a sampler

Hi guys

I’ve followed Rory Walshs youtube tutorial on creating a live sampler in cabbage, similar to drum rack in ableton. I would love to be able to incorporate a choke for the audio. Basically when another sample slot is played, I want audio of the current sample playing to stop.

It would be great aswell if I could have this function turn on and off with a button.

Any help greatly appreciated I’m more or less a complete beginner.

I’ll have to think about this. Leave it with me, it’s almost the end of the day here where I am, so it will probably be tomorrow before I can get you something :+1:

p.s. welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

No stress at all Rory thanks a mil, any help would be greatly appreciated :pray:

Dang it, I completely forgot about this. I’ll try to take a look later today but I can’t promise anything. Weekend time is family time :grin:

I’m just thinking about this now. If we turn off the other samples when a new one starts playing we will get some clicks. So this has to be done in a way where we fade out the previous sample rather to shut is down brute force… :thinking:

This should do the trick. You can also control how long the fade out is for the previous sample. You could add a slider to control this too. I’ll leave it up to you to add a button to enable/disable this feature :+1:

SimpleSampler.csd (4.2 KB)

Rory you’re an absolute legend thank you so much!!

I’ll let you know how it goes :smiley: