I am wondering what the intended/preferred use cases for CSoundUnity and CSoundFMOD are (compared to each other). My perception is as follows:
Both allow for the use of CSound in Games.
- can be used from within scripts
- needs overall less resources (since FMOD is not needed)
- has less moving parts (=> more stable, easier to deploy?)
- is more straightforward for sound effects
- can be used with any FMOD-compatible game engine
- allows to combine CSound with a more traditional, DAW-like workflow (timeline ect.)
- might be easier to use with game-dev teams (since they are more likely familiar with FMOD)
Did I miss any important points or get something wrong?