Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

FMOD/Unity macOS

Hi, I can get my plugin from Cabbage in to FMOD fine, but I get this error on Unity’s side:

BusNotFoundException: FMOD Studio bus not found ‘bus:/’
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.GetBus (System.String path) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:825)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.MuteAllEvents (Boolean muted) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:847)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.Update () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:334)

I assume that FMOD is not building correctly. Removing the instance of the plugin in FMOD fixes it. Has this been seen before?

Cheers

I’ve not seen this problem before. Does the bus error go away if you remove your Cabbage/FMOD plugin from the Unity plugins folder?

Oh hang on, does the FMOD/Cabbage plugin need to be installed into the Unity folder? I installed it into the FMOD plugin folder, where it shows up. I assumed it gets build into the FMOD package.

Cheers

No, it has to be put into the Unity plugins folder. When using your plugins in Unity, add the exported plugin .dll/.dylib to your Unity project folder. They should be copied to Assets\Plugins\x86_64. It is important both the .csd files and the libraries are copied to the same location. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Ahh so there needs to be a version in both the FMOD Project/Plugins and Unity Assets\Plugins? I also needed to add the plugin in the FMOD settings in Unity.

If I were to make an update to the plugin, does that mean it need to be updated in two places?

chrs

I guess so. It’s not ideal, but I don’t see a way around it…?

hmm maybe a symlink? blurhh

cheers!