Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Hello Cabbage falls very often. Any suggestion?

Hello Cabbage falls very often. Windows10, i7, 16GbRam, UAD Apollo. Why does it fall
If you need more information, let me know.

Hi @Enrique_Jimenez, and thanks for posting about this. Can recreate the steps to crash it? If so, can you please share them so I can take a look? Is it a particular instrument that crashes it? Maybe some widgets you are using? A particular piece of code?

Hi,

I guess I have the same problem. Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 6 3600, 16GB. Crashes occur when I press ‘play’ after having done (even only minor) edits. Cabbage becomes unresponsive and can only be stopped from Windows. I first suspected this has to do with whether I close the widget window before stopping the earlier version of the instruments or whether I first press stop then close or the other way. But finally I had crashes for all variants. This is not too problematic since the save is executed before the crash. So when I restart cabbage it has the edited version of the file and nothing is lost. Nevertheless, it is abit annoying and disturbing that I have to restart cabbage every ten minutes.

I understand that this is a bit diffuse error report. If there are any log files cabbage writes I can recreate the crash and send them. Just tell me where to find them

Best,
Reiner

Which version of Cabbage are you using? Can you try the latest beta version for Windows:
https://dev.azure.com/rorywalsh/cabbage/_build/results?buildId=1075&view=artifacts&pathAsName=false&type=publishedArtifacts
Just click the drop link and download the latest installer. Also, it would be really helpful if you could reproduce the bug for me? The next time it happens, would you mind noting the sequence of events, and attempt to crash it again? Does the crash coincide with an error in your Csound code? I would love to sort these issues, but I can’t seem to recreate them myself. And I use Windows quite a lot these days.

Thanks for posting though. @Enrique_Jimenez never got back to me after his initial post. I totally understand the frustration of a new software crashing, but without the community’s help I’ll never be able find a fix :frowning:

Excuse me for being slow to respond. I have had a health problem.
I leave a video with the problem I have with Cabbage. Any syntax error, even if you repair it, causes Cabbage to crash. Any information you need, you can ask me. Best regards and thanks.

Nice video, and thanks for the seasons greetings! I’ve probably had a few too many Christmas beers to make any serious contribution to this thread, but I’ll return tomorrow or the day after with something helpful :joy:

Sorry, I somehow did not get or overlooked the notifcation of your answer.

I am using v. 2.5.0 with csound 6.15.

The only thing I can say is that it happens after I hit the play button and after cabbage has written the file - but only about every tenth time. It is not due to an error because when I restart cabbage the code executes.

I will try the beta version you mention next time I use cabbage. And if the error persists I will try to make a screen video.