Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Potential breaking change with USER_APPLICATION_DIRECTORY channel

I just realised that the USER_APPLICATION_DIRECTORY reserved channel returns the user data directory. This is a very useful location to have the path to, but this channel should be called USER_APPLICATION_DATA_DIRECTORY. A user’s application directory is a different location altogether. Therefore I am going to change the channel name. I hope this doesn’t affect too many users :grimacing:

p.s. I’ll update the docs accordingly…

Hi Rory,

I could not understand why this reserved channel didn’t work and now I understand, the doc is not updated: https://cabbageaudio.com/docs/reserved_channels/

It is still called USER_APPLICATION_DIRECTORY in the documentation.

Have a nice day

Julien

Shame on me :frowning: I’m sorry, I really need to serve updated docs asap. I’ll try to get around to it this week, please feel more than welcome to bug me about this! I’m happy to be bugged until I get it done!

I just answered the topic because I wanted to inform you, but don’t worry the work you do is incredible :smile:

I use Cabbage extensively these days, when I spot something I will try to write it down!

1 Like

This is fixed now. I have quite a few docs updates to do but my current website build system is broken, so I have to do each one manually :man_facepalming:

1 Like

found out it’s still “USER_APPLICATION_DIRECTORY” on Win7 & 10
Does it have to be called “USER_APPLICATION_DATA_DIRECTORY” if it is to run on Apple machines?

You should use a recent dev build.

It should be called this across all platforms. :+1:

Sorry, I forgot to mention the version number
I’m using 2.9.180 - isn’t that current beta?
I just tried un- and reinstalling cabbage on both computers but without any change.
USER_APPLICATION_DATA_DIRECTORY just returns an empty string. But USER_APPLICATION_DIRECTORY works.
I don’t own an Apple so it’s not that important for me - I just noticed it yesterday.
Greetings

Crap, you’re right @jockel, I see the problem now. Sorry about that i just pushed a fix. New build underway. :+1:

Wow, that was really quick !!!
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

It would have been quicker if I had been more thorough when you first reported it :see_no_evil: