Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Procedural audio using csound (plugin)

Hello all,

I’m here because I have to do a thesis to finish the degree. I was working along the year (doing my internship company) and I had’t too much time to develop this… I’m a bit hopeless because I don’t have to much idea of this so I decide come here looking for some help… where can I find information about it? I’m trying yo use Markov chains algorithm but I don’t know how to implement that… can someone lend a hand to me? I would be very grateful for any kind of help.

Thank’s so much to all. Greetings.

Have you checked out the Csound FLOSS manual? Not sure if it will solve your problem, but this section has examples on how to implement Markov chains in Csound under the “Random With History” header that could hopefully give you a starting pont.

Oh, I was not aware of this manual… I’ll take a look at it to see if I can clarify it…

Anyway, I’m not sure how to approach the plugin to start developing it… there is no more information on this subject? I have found things but it’s all explanations of the algorithm and the procedural audio itself…

Thank you so much!

What exactly IS the subject, procedural audio is a pretty huge area. The more specific you are the easier it will be to provide some help :+1:

Sorry mate… This is the title of my thesis: Integration of algorithmic composition techniques in interactive audio engines. I have to develop a small plugin which by playing a series of parameters should create a melody and this melody can be variable according to these parameters.

I have this but I don’t know how to continue…

I known that I must use algorithm but at this moment I don’t know how to develop it…

Thank’s so much for the answer!

You mean you haven’t yet written any Csound code, or created some simple examples to work from?

I have written the interface code but from there I don’t know how to make it funcional for what I’m asked for… I don’t know to implement the algorithm and create the plug-in from what I have…
Could you help me with this??? Or just pass me some information so I can break my head and try to do it?

Thank so much to you again, really!

I think @caiojmini suggestions that you look at the floss manual is a good one. Right now I have no idea if you have even used Csound before. It sounds like you are putting the cart before the horse. If you prepare some simple specific questions I’m sure we can help.

I worked with csound 3 years ago… at this moment I’m not very familiar with it because I work with other programming languages and today I’m dedicated to 3d design… it was more than anything in case there was something or some way to lighten my path because I have to hand it in in two weeks and I would like to hand it in, which is the last thing I have left to finish my degree… I took this thesis two years ago when I took the subject in third grade but between jobs, company internships and family problems I haven’t been able to dedicate time to it… even so, thank you very much, I’ll take a look at the manual and I’ll put any doubts that may arise here

Cabbage doesn’t support FLTK widgets. Csd files that use these won’t work in Cabbage.

Ah ok, thank you very much!