Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Reading combobox strings

I think (?) I compiled and installed Cabbage now. It is version 2.5.0. is it not? I am afraid it behaves the same…

Click on the last run from here. Then click on the published link to get access to Linux binaries. They are contained in a zip called CabbageLinux.zip.

The Azure interface is a little confusing, but here you will find all the latest dev builds for Cabbage.

I do not know what published link you mean. But I downloaded CabbageLinux.zip earlier from the repo, that contained the version 2.5.0. But like I said that does not seem to work with my simple csd file: the combobox is still blank initially…

You need to get the binaries produced by the CI build.
https://dev.azure.com/rorywalsh/cabbage/_build/results?buildId=889&view=artifacts&type=publishedArtifacts

I executed the binary in /install/bin, but the result is the same. Version is 2.5.4.

Your .csd file works without any modification for me here:

You sure your audio settings are correct?

Yes, it is ALSA now.

I’m not really sure then why it is not working? We are using the same binaries, and the same .csd file. I checked 2.5.4 on Windows and OSX and your example also works fine there.

I am on Linux Mint, but will try on OS X also…

And when you select an item from the combobox what appears in the output? Nothing will appear until you select an item?

No, nothing appears when I select an item. BTW, when I start the csd again, it crashes. This is consistent.

Can you update your version of Csound? This version uses a new feature of 6.15. Upgraded should fix the crash issue.

I followed the steps for compiling csound, but it remains at version 6.15…

Version 6.15 is the latest version. Strange. I will build binaries for you later and send you a new link.

Can you try this one?
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4mHoWvP_GcgbRZ0TF-tGOGPfwKWA?e=uxgJdj

The crashing is solved, but the combo starts blank and selections are not shown in csound output…

The combo box should start blank, as nothing is selected. I you wish to set a default value you can use the value() identifier.

I don’t really how I can help here. Let me try it on a VM image and see if still works Ok for me there

I just installed created a new Ubuntu VM. Built Csound 6.15. Downloaded the binaries I sent you and hey presto:

The issue must be something specific to your machine. I’ve now tested on 5 different machines. :thinking:

What is strange is that your Csound output isn’t showing anything? Are you sure you have a valid audio settings. It looks like Csound isn’t running at all. If it was, and simply not working, you would at least be seeing empty strings printed?

Well, csound output does display some lines, but nothing gets added when I select an item in the combobox:

SECTION 1:
Cabbage version:2.5.4

midi channel 56 using instr 1
midi channel 57 using instr 1
midi channel 58 using instr 1
midi channel 59 using instr 1
midi channel 60 using instr 1
midi channel 61 using instr 1
midi channel 62 using instr 1
midi channel 63 using instr 1
midi channel 64 using instr 1
displays suppressed