Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Request to hide all Csound code from the end user

Dear rorywalsh, I contact you to find out what I could do to obscure the csound code in the vst and au and exe for the end user, on mac and windows. I would also like to know if it is possible to develop applications for android and IOS and how. Thanks in advance, a cordial greeting. Giovanni Cartney.

Welcome, Giovanni!

Regarding keeping your code private, that’s functionality only available in Cabbage Pro. Rory has a post with more information about it here: Cabbage Pro

There was a beta version for Android at one point, but it was a very long time ago. I don’t think it got fully tested or developed, and might have been forgotten about. I’m not sure about iOS, but it’s probably a similar situation.

Hi @giovannicartney. Versions for Android and iOS never got further than basic betas. I just never had the time to fully invest in them. If you have the development skills, I’d be more than happy to assist you in developing these versions. If you wish to produce commercial products for iOS and Android, PM me and we can chat about it. :wink: