Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Compiling Lore

I’ve added an exception, see if that helps

I don’t think so. I’d love to hear from other Windows users about this. :grimacing:

Yeah it just stops the annoying scanning. I mean it does work other than the effects. It seems to be working. At least I think it does, I don’t know what it’s supposed to sound like. You know, if something’s not working then it seems to imply other things might not be, but it does treat the sound with the Spectral and Granular modules. (I don’t know what I’m doing so I tend to just slide stuff around and see what happens)

I have discovered whats making the hum, audio devices. If I switch to another one it stops.

So we’re back to why aren’t the effects loading. I have the latest Lore and the Cabbage you sent me. I even uninstalled the old one before installing this time. Hope that casts any light for you.

I’m going to dust off a Windows box here and try installing it myself. :+1:

1 Like

See I am getting output which seems to be what I was expecting. But the effects look really interesting and I want them. I WANT THEM I TELL YOU! :smiley:

:rofl: You shall have them :slight_smile: Btw, that Avast issue is because Cabbage is not officially ‘signed’. The MS EV is far too expensive for an open source projecy :confounded:

1 Like

Aye I hear ya. :slight_smile: problem easily solved by adding an exception for everything in the Cabbage directory. It’s now leaving me alone, and for that I give thanks.

Hey @philsouth, can you try with this fork of Lore which ties in with some changes made to Cabbage?

I just checked here @TartanLlama and I can now access the effects as expected. :+1: Great. Maybe @chronopolis can merge these changes?

1 Like

I can, hold pls . . .

yee haw, I think you did it! Notice the dropdown is working. :smiley: well done

Hi all,
i’m also trying to compile Lore (on macos 10.14.6), and the fix does not work yet on mac.
The symptoms are identical : white box instead of effect icon, and no list. The rest is working fine, just the effects are missing, the folder containing them seems unreachable. I’ve got several messages like this in the console :

new alloc for instr 9:
SeffectName =
EffectPath = /Users/blah/Downloads/Lore-combo_box2/LoreExperimentalSoundConsole/includes/Effects/.orc
WARNING: instr not found
WARNING: compileorc: could not open /Users/blah/Downloads/Lore-combo_box2/LoreExperimentalSoundConsole/includes/Effects/.orc

(i used the last recommended build of Cabbage in this thread and the combo_box fork)

Also wanted to say that i’m discovering Cabbage and this seems a very useful tool :slightly_smiling_face:

And sorry about the delay, I knew it was working instantly, but the system locked me out for 6 hours because I’m a new user. Thanks to you both for your help. I’m going to have a proper play over the weekend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can try on my Mac and see if I can get it to run. But it will not be till Monday :slight_smile:

Oh although it seems to be working perfectly I seem to have lost the meters in the centre now . . . Have I turned them off?

I’ve no idea, I think that’s a question for @chronopolis, can they be disabled, or is this another problem that needs attention?

Is there sound coming out? Otherwise it means the fft display isn’t working.

1 Like

Okay here’s Lore running in Cabbage (right), and there’s the standalone (left) I compiled running side by side, same file loaded. Yep the FFT isn’t working on the standalone

:thinking:

Indeed. I’ll take a look this week.

1 Like