Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Unity can't find FMOD Csound plugin

Following up from my last post, I’ve got my CSDs running fine in FMOD, however I’m having problems getting them to work in Unity. I’ve followed Rory’s YouTube tutorial for this, but have the libs and csds in [project]/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/lib/mac as that’s where Unity seems to be looking for them. I also tried using the x86_64 folder but to no avail.

I’m getting a SystemNotInitializedException on running the project, telling me that the plugin file doesn’t exist, except that rather than looking for music1.dylib, its looking for music1.bundle. Is this normal? I’m very inexperienced with both Unity and FMOD. It should be noted I also put the libs and csds into a directory and added the .bundle extension as I was advised this might work but it hasn’t.

The full error is below. Cheers!

SystemNotInitializedException: [FMOD] Initialization failed : Loading plugin ‘music1’ from ‘/Users/apple/Desktop/IADT:STC/4th Year/Emerging Tech/Games/Rhys Mayes CA/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/lib/mac/music1.bundle’ : ERR_FILE_NOTFOUND : File not found.
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.get_Instance () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:113)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.PathToGUID (System.String path) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:905)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CreateInstance (System.String path) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:918)
SC_FPSController.Start () (at Assets/SC_FPSController.cs:39)

Thanks to this post This issue is sorted. the final files are in Assets/Plugins/FMOD/lib/Mac and have the .dylibs renamed to .bundle and this works perfectly! Hopefully this will be of help to someone.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. At least other will have the answer now too :+1:

Could be of help in the new version of CsoundUnity for macOs! Thanks!